Life Group: Jan 13 – 20/2020
Text: Genesis 13
Welcome and Icebreaker: What’s your favorite month? Or make one up…
Main Idea: : When we are strong in our devotions, we will be godly in our desires and right in our decisions.
Read: Genesis 13
- As you read this passage are there any words or phrases that jump out at
you that you would like to explore further? Are there any initial questions you
have after reading this passage?
does a tent and an altar represent? Why was an altar important
in Abraham’s life?
three things did God classify as wealth?
Why might the Lord bless a person with wealth? What problem arose between Lot and Abram?
What caused the problem (13:5-7)?
Why was the land unable to sustain them? What proposal did Abram make to solve the problem (13:8,9)? How did Abram show himself to be generous with his
nephew Lot? What makes us
realize that Abram was a peacemaker?
- How can wealth or worldly possessions cause strife in a family? How do
God’s blessings create difficulties sometimes? How can it be resolved and
what can be learned from the experience?
- What choice did Lot make and why? What
area did Lot choose and why (13:10-12)? What were the people like in the area where Lot moved (13:13)? What were the consequences of Lot’s actions? Are
there any practical warnings here for us about getting too close to sin and
being led by our eyes?
- What promise did God repeat to Abram (13:14-17)? How many descendants would Abram have?
you could contrast Abram and Lot’s character and walk with God what difference
might you notice?
- Is there anything in this passage that the Lord has impressed on your heart that you would like to apply in your life? How can we pray?
for One Another and pray through the blessing list (i.e. your oikos)
Pray for PBC
- The Lord would continue to direct and guide PBC into the future.
- The Lord would continue to enlarge the Life Group ministry.
- That PBC would be a work in the hearts and lives of the new families
that have started to attend PBC.
- Pray for the upcoming marriage seminar in March.